I was feeling quite arty today. I’m in my creative days so I enjoy this wave of inspiration to cook good and pretty (well, I hope!).
In my veggie basket this week, I had leeks. I like leeks, but sometimes I don’t know how to eat them except in soup. And I had the idea of making “chaussons”… I’m sorry I don’t know if there is an equivalent in english? If yes, let me know !
So, today’s recipe is warm and tasty, not very very healthy but still a way to eat veggies. It is not vegan but you can easily replace non-vegan by vegan (where I live it’s still hard to find vegan cheese in other place than internet…).
Leek Chaussons :
For 6 chaussons :
- 2 leeks
- 1/2 onion
- 75gr of cream cheese
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- olive oil, salt, pepper, chopped chives
- Peel the onion, slice the onion and the leeks.
- In a pan with olive oil, cook the vegetables until golden.
- Reduce heat to warm and add the cheese. Melt everything, and if it’s too thick, add small amount of water.
- Adjust the taste: add salt, pepper, and chopped chives.
- Cut your pastry into 6 squares. Add leek on the middle and seal the edge of the chausson. Tip = use the extra pastry to create nice decor over the chaussons !
- Put preparation in the oven for 30min at 200°C.
And you’re done !
Calories intake by serving = 155 kcal
Carb = 15gr // Proteins = 4gr // Fats = 10gr