Sometimes I can be a little psychorigid. For example, carrots. I love them raw, but hate them cooked. Which is a problem because carrot is a winter veggie and I hate eating cold on winter . But I think I finally came up with a recipe which is suitable for what I like eating in winter, including cooked carots. It’s not vegan, but vegetarian, if anybody has a tip to turn it into vegan recipe, I’m in !
Carrot Soufflé :
- 300gr of carots
- 3 eggs
- 50gr of grated cheese
- 20gr of butter
- 20gr of flour
- 20cl of milk
- salt, pepper, nutmeg, cumin
- Peel the carrots, slice them and make them boil in water for like 15min.
- Pre-heat your oven at 200°C.
- During that time, in another pot, make the bechamel. Make the butter melt, add the flour and mix until it makes a paste. Add slowly the milk and continue mixing until the liquid becomes little thick. When it’s ready, you can adjust the taste with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cumin.
- Separate the whites from the yolks. Mix the yolks with the bechamel. Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- When carrots are soft, mash them.
- Mix the carrots with the bechamel, and add the grated cheese.
- Incorporate carefully the egg whites to the mixture.
- Pour the liquid in a soufflé mold, and put it in the oven for like 30min (at 200°C).
And you’re done !
Calories intake by serving = 213 kcal
Carb = 13gr // Proteins = 12gr // Fats = 13gr
Perfect with a salad, right?