One of the symbols of autumn is pumpkin, which is also highly related to Halloween event. I wish I could go to USA one day to see how people are celebrating this day, seems really funny!
But Jack-O-Lantern is not the only sort. Today I have created a recipe with a sort of pumpkin that I have never taste before, the White Squash Melon. Taste is quite similar !
Recipe of today is 100% vegan.
Vegan Stuffed White Squash Melon :
For 1 serving :
- 1 small/medium white squash melon
- 40gr of seitan (home-made is better)
- 40gr of complete rice
- 4 tea spoons of salsa tomato sauce (made this recipe with scratchs, sorry not being very precise!)
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 garlic clover
- olive oil, salt, pepper
- Cook the rice in boiling water.
- During that time, cut the top of the squash melon, take off all the seeds, and steam it with the top for 15min.
- Cut the onions, the clover, and the seitan in small pieces.
- In a pan with olive oil, roast a little the onion, clover and seitan. Add the rice, then the sauce. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper.
- Scrape the inside of the squash melon with a fork, and pour the sauce in it. Mix well.
- Bake the squash melon in the oven at 180°C for 15min.
And you’re done !
Calories intake for 1 serving = 255 kcal
Carb = 72gr // Proteins = 15gr // Fats = 5gr
Do you have any suggestion on what to do with the seeds? I’d love to hear !