Ok, I think I’ve found something really cool today.
I was looking at my fridge, wondering how I could cook my yellow zucchinis… And I came with a quiche. But, I try to cut on eggs this days, plus I didn’t had any on hands. So I started to search on google for a vegan quiche recipe that I could adapt.
And I came accross this : Vegan Quiche
How genius is this idea to use chickpea flour for filling the quiche?? I decided to make my own, so here is the recipe of the day, completely VEGAN.
Zucchini Vegan Quiche :
For 4 servings :
- 1 dough (better homemade, need to give you my recipe one day!)
- 5 small (yellow) zucchinis
- 1/2 onion
- 75gr of chickpea flour (= 1 glass)
- water (= 2 glasses )
- salt, pepper, curry, nutmeg
- Put your dough in the quiche dish, and make it cook in cold oven at 220°C for 20minutes.
- During this time, grate the zucchinis and the onion. Make them heat in a pan with a splash of olive oil to remove all the water in it (it takes like 5/10min).
- In a bowl, mix the chickpea flour with the half of the water. Make second part of the water boil in a small pot. When the water is boiling, pour the chickpea mixture in it. Don’t stop whipping. The mixture will get thick, same as a bechamel. Then remove it from the heat. You can add salt, pepper, curry, nutmeg according to your taste.
- Mix the chickpea with the veggies. Pour everything on your dough, and put the plate back in the oven for another 20minutes at 220°C.
And you’re done ! I added grated cheese (because I’m a cheese lover) but this step can be skipped. Perfect with salad !
Bon appétit !
Calories intake for 1 serving = 545 kcal
Carb = 72gr // Proteins = 14gr // Fats = 26gr