Day off today, so I enjoy some free time to cook.
I had avocados on hand so I made vegan makis ! Yumyum.
I’m not a pro at maki rolling, I need practise, I always feel that it’s not tight enough.
These are very very simple, but I didn’t want to over-cook and had too much leftovers as these things cannot be frozen, and I’m not a big eater.
For 12 pieces :
- 2 small avocados
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 60g of round rice
- 2 nori leaves
- xeres vinegar
- salty or sweet soya sauce
- Cook the rice following instructions. Once it’s done, rince it with cold water, and add xeres vinegar to it (personnally, I added 1 large spoon), and mix.
- Smash the avocados with mustard. You can adjust the taste with salt and pepper.
- Then roll your makis : one nori leave, one layer of rice, one layer of avocado.
- Cut then into small pieces, add some soya sauce, sesame seeds, etc…
Bon appétit !